Saturday 19 May 2012

Review: Rimmel London Wake Me Up Foundation

I cannot contain how much I love the product I am about to review for you. There has been quite a lot of hype in the blogosphere about this product, which is why I wanted to try it out in the first place. I am speaking of (if the post's title didn't give it away ;) ) Rimmel London's Wake Me Up Foundation. 

I will start off with the great price! At $19.99AUD, this stuff is a real bargain! (not to mention that I just picked up another bottle at woolies today for a sale price of $15.99 :D) This foundation has a creamy silky consistency that glides on so nicely. It is very moisturizing and has a beautiful dewy finish. I would say it has medium coverage, but it is build-able if you are looking for more. I have applied this foundation with my fingers, with a brush and with a sponge and had great results with all. It's main difference from other products, and why I think it is so nice to wear, is a very fine shimmery quality. These shimmery bits are very hard to see and give you an illuminated look. I do like to finish with a powder, as I have combination oily skin, but for someone with dry skin, this foundation will really leave your skin looking healthy.

This is my before pictures with no make-up and with my Illamasqua Satin Primer:



This is with just the foundation applied:


This is my final look for a day out to watch some football:


Rimmel London Says: 

"Introducing new Wake Me Up Foundation from Rimmel London. Rimmel’s first liquid foundation that instantly reawakens skin with a healthy, radiant glow.
It’s time to wake up – the light, smooth texture glides on easily to give a 100% pore-less and flawless complexion. Spoil yourself with SPF 15 sun protection and illuminating radiance pearls for a natural glow. A peptide formulation helps increase your skin’s elasticity and a vitamin moisturizing complex also leaves you looking healthy and fresh. Your skin will bounce back to life – even if your body is thinking otherwise."I totally agree and love that this foundation also includes an SPF for added protection, a must have down here! This is a new favourite for me and I am so glad to have given it a go! I would really suggest you try this product if you are in the market for a foundation or even if you are just looking to try something new. 

You can find out more here:
UPDATE: You can also get this on asos.com and its cheaper and shipping is free! I would suggest checking out what colour you are in a store that carries the product and then buy it here: http://www.asos.com/au/Rimmel-London/Rimmel-London-Wake-Me-Up-Foundation/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2068539&cid=5020&Rf900=2206&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=200&sort=-1&clr=Trueivory

2 comments:

  1. Wow, I really like the look of this. I just find it so hard to match the shade because I don't want to look too pale or too dark. I will have to go into store and give it a whirl X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose that's really the trouble with all drugstore brands, I love this product though so hopefully you'll find a shade that works for you. The Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation is really good too and might smell even better!!

      Delete